For sizing: The Archetype 1.0 fits true to size. If you are between sizes, pick the larger of the two. Best fit is generally whichever insole length = your foot length + 1cm.
Free Shipping, Free Exchanges, USA only for now (we don't know how to do international exchanges fairly at the moment).
- LFLauren F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize M6.5/W8Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoNew favorite gym/casual shoes
I got these to replace my vivo primus lites, and these Tolos surpass them in every way. These are wider but the way are designed they don’t look wider (they look normal, not clown-like!). I’m normally a 7.5 in sandals and 8 in closed toed shoes, and these are true to size so I’m a size 8 in them. A lot of my friends have ordered them after seeing mine, and they love them too! Can’t wait to see what Tolos comes up with, crazy how awesome their very first shoe is
- SZSam Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize M9/W10.5Rated 4 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAmazing for lifting, looking forward to version 2.0
I love these shoes for lifting so much that I sold my Nike Romaleos and Adidas Adipowers and have been doing all my lifts in these. BUT the opening of the shoes were narrow when I first received them. They have got looser therefore easier to put on now that I have been wearing them for a while. I still use a shoehorn to put them on though. Also the laces are kinda short. Would be awesome if the laces were a bit longer. I would’ve ordered the white pair if the golden logo was white instead, so I got a black pair instead. But I like these so much that I think I’ll get the white ones anyways.
- ZLZane L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize M10/W11.5Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPerfect gym shoe
As a powerlifter. It gives me the perfect feet to ground feel. Good grip for my sumo deadlifts. I also use it for work as I work as a transport so I’m on my feet constantly. I just changed the color and laces lol.
- XQXavier Q.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize M10/W11.5Rated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoAn Amazing Shoe with Room for Improvement
These are my second pair of barefoot shoes and I absolutely love them and wish the absolute best for this new company. I think these are the best looking barefoot shoes on the market, and for a first go, they nailed many of the key features of a barefoot shoe. That being said there's some improvements that I hope get addressed with the 2.0
1) toe box width: The shoes are a little tight when they arrive, but they quickly stretch out and fit true to size and comfortably, overall the fit is good. My gripe is with the curvature of the toe box. I think it starts too early, such that my pinky toe is always on the edge and I don't think I can splay my feet out wide enough. The early curve also causes the shoe to bend and create a pinch point right at the pinky toe. If that taper started 0.5-1cm later it would be perfect.
2) The sole material: The sole simply isn't grippy enough & compared to competitors (my only reference is Xero Prio)it is not as flexible. There is still plenty of ground feel, but I feel like they can improve a lot by changing the material. The material feels hard and when I'm walking on hard flooring it just sounds like I'm slapping two hard materials together with every step.
3) The glossy material close to the ankle that isn't stitched tends to bow out over time. It doesn't affect the performance, just the look
Despite these complaints, they're a fantastic shoe and I'd buy them again! They're a fantastic casual barefoot shoe and I hope to see more from…
- ABAlfred B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize M9/W10.5Rated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoThe best barefoot shoe
I absolutely loved this shoe! I’ve tried other brands and been very happy with them, but Tolos has the right mix of wide toe box, but locked down foot feel. I lift in these, play volleyball in them, and run in them 2-3 times a week and they handle it all! Highly recommend, especially for squats!